At the beginning of each month, I usually like to write the latest edition of my Inspirational Toolkit and today the plan was to give you my top 7 social media marketing tips. However, for those of you who regularly follow my blog, you will know that recently I confessed to you that I am no expert in social media and would never claim to be because there are already so many experts on the subject. However, I do know what it is like to battle through the learning process and have had days when I have felt that I was bashing my head against the wall and wishing that technology didn’t have to advance quite so fast!
During this learning process, I read a lot about social media marketing and this month my top 7 tips come from Hubspots ’30 Brilliant Social Marketing Tips from 2011′ and while I will highlight my top 7 here, you really should take the time to click on the link to see what else they recommend and to get a copy of their free book, How to Monitor Social Media in 10 Minutes a Day!
My top 7 social media marketing tips:
- Write blog content that your target audience wants to read, not just the things you want to write about.
- Rather than just blogging about your product or service, blog about the problems your product or service solves.
- Share good information if you want it to be retweeted and shared rather than talking about yourself.
- Think about the timing of your social media posts.
- Include social sharing and follow buttons on your site, your blog, and in your emails.
- Remember that social media isn’t a marketing strategy itself, it is a platform for distributing your message.
- Measure social media ROI by analysing how it performs compared to other more traditional advertising methods.
What would be your number one social media marketing tip?